- This event has passed.
Sustainable Kitchen: Create More With Less
10 November 2021 @ 10:45 am - 12:15 pm AEDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected. Try reloading the page.
Celebrate National Recycling week with City of Melton Libraries and learn how to reduce and reuse your waste in the kitchen! In this workshop, you’ll learn how to make the most of the food you already have in your fridge and pantry. Whether you’re overstocked with food right now, or if your cupboard is running bare, with some know-how and a little planning there are simple ways you can manage your kitchen, make the most of your leftovers and food scraps by turning them into meals or more.
What we’ll cover:
- Menu planning tips for waste reduction
- Save money through better planning
- Know the difference between ‘use-by’ and ‘best before’ dates
- Learn what you can do with commonly leftover ingredients
- How to make vegetable stocks with food scraps
Join Kirsty Bishop-Fox of Sustainability Pathways a sustainability specialist who will teach us some amazing ways of turning our scraps into magic!